Well today according to my book of "What to Expect When You're Expecting"..states... That my baby is a 1lb already and nearly 8 inches long, about the size of a doll with developing senses of hearing, touching, smelling, and taste. She can officially hear everyone around her now. IT is even possible that she could be grabbing onto the umbilical cord in there and I told Aus..she could be swinging around that thing and doing turns for all I know. He got a good laugh out of that. It even mentioned that the baby can now see light and that if I were to shine a light to the tummy, she may move or react to the light. Pretty neat huh?
She is definitely moving. She doesn't move too much during the day, but she does when I lay on my side. I think she likes to wait until Iam relaxed to start telling me she is there. But I don't mind. I enjoy feeling her everyday and I can actually see the movement on the outside of the tummy usually. :o)
Well we officially decided on her name, but we still are not telling :o) So it is going to be a long 18 weeks until you all find out I suppose. I go back to the dr this Tuesday for my check up and will need my next shot about 6 weeks from now. As you all remember, I miscarried my first baby because I have what is called Rogam Negative. Austin is Rogam positive and this has to do with the Rogam being in your blood. If the Rogams do not match, it is typical for the blood to fight off the fetus. So shortly after I miscarried, I had the shot and will need the shot again once I get pregnant around 28 weeks. Then they test the baby once she is born to see if she matches me, and if she does not..then I get the shot again. I don't mind. I use to HAAATE needles and actually usually get a little nervous/anxious/worked up right before a shot. But since I have had my blood drawn so many times, it has gotten easier. ha!
Well that is the most up to date news here. We did get the majority of the nursery finished yesterday. Waiting on a few things to come in that store was out of and then it will be complete. I will post a sneak pic a little later this week for you all to see. Just think cosmopolitan ice cream (pink, brown, and white)....at least that is what it reminded Austin and I of...we loove it!!
Thanks for reading..and stay tuned....after these messages ha!~ thats for you Mary. :o)
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well I'm tuned in and waiting for the hottest news on BABY McClain !! Mary & Ali :)
ReplyDelete